About Me

My photo
Glendale, Arizona, United States

Saturday, April 5, 2008

I'm so no good at keeping this up. (tho i'm better than Shels) When my bro forced me (yes hands were tied) to create a blog, I had a goal to write on it at least once a month. Welp, I'm sadly behind. So i've modifieed my goal... A new post once or twice every one or two monthes! Yes! A realistic goal I may actually keep. I can so do this.
If i am confessing to unacomplished goals, I need to add my latest sad little failed goal. Get to every spring training venue the valley has to offer this spring training season. Not only was that one not accomplished, I didn't even take a real swing at it. (pardon the baseball pun) I was able to get in a night game with the folks at Peoria, though technically I've been to that sports complex loads before, so i didn't really accomplish part two of my goal. If you can't get to all the stadiums, at least go to one you've never been to before. How sad. I may never again see an Arizona spring so beautiful. The weather was perfect. Never getting into those scary "why do i live here again" days. Everyday the sun set into a gorgeous orange and red sky. And when the lights came on, as the sky turned dark, people pulled out sweaters, and blankets, and stayed to cheer on the 'home team'. Alas, the training time is over. Hopefully i can have one more try at a perfect carefree spring next year.
As the crack of a bats hitting baseballs echoed throughout the valley of the sun, I was working amid the fumes of aerosols, and perms! Ha, ok i wasn't totally amid the fumes, but i was at work. My spring training consisted of training myself up for a salon of my own (someday). I was a very busy kid. I love my clientele! There were long days, and many a late nights, but I'm a lucky girl to get to do what i love. And yes, someday i want to have my very own salon. (minus the girl drama) (oh, and minus the nail stink) (oh, except I'll want to get free pedi's, so back on with the nail stink, but add an excellent ventilation system) (oh, and a waterfall) yeah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish we could be there for those spring training games. Good job blogging! Love you.

Van Zyverden's said...

Check out my blog NOW Candace! jk, this is Ryan helping Shelley out with hers. Looks good!